The existence of art in the arteries of all individuals of the society is a necessity and it is only art that creates aesthetics in us so that we can be better human beings.
Art refines the soul and mind of the society and without it, human beings are definitely lost creatures. This important fact is well understood by the psychologists and sociologists of developed countries. Therefore, art and sports are considered as the fundamental cultural structures in their official educational system from the elementary school.
If we consciously use these three necessities, we will reach personal perfection:
Without these three elements, we are incomplete human beings.
As to the art education, official or open educational centers cannot guarantee quality. Therefore, it is recommended that before starting anything or basically, any type of investment, we get knowledge of its quality and safety.
In this cultural and artistic complex, we try our best so that the lessons are transferred in the shortest time and with the highest scientific and practical quality.
A part of the educational materials and educational methods are invented by this artistic complex and they do not even have any identical examples in the world.
Haft Rang Institute holds the following training courses in visual arts:
Technical Skills (A. Painting, B. Applied Fine Arts)
Applied Fine Arts
Some of these courses are held in the workshop and some of them are held outside the workshop.
The courses which are academically held in the workshop include:
Basic drawing, drawing of objects, drawing of landscapes, drawing of people, drawing of animals
Still life, landscape, people, animals
3. Persian Miniature
Manuscript illumination (Tazhib), margin decoration (Tash’ir), bird and floral decoration (Gol va Morgh), copying the works of masters.
4. Introduction to Technical Skills
Color pencil, oil pastel, chalk pastel, watercolor, water ink, oil paint, acrylic paint, composition of materials
The prerequisite for each of the following skills is a 2-month term in drawing and it can be extended in case of approval and counseling.
|Color Pencil||One 3-month term||One 3-hour session per week|
|Chalk Pastel||Two 2-month terms||One 3-hour session per week|
|Oil Pastel||Two 2-month terms||One 3-hour session per week|
|Water Ink||One 3-month term||One 3-hour session per week|
|Watercolor||Three 2-month terms||One 3-hour session per week|
|Oil Paint||Four 2-month terms||One 3-hour session per week|
|Acrylic Paint||Three 2-month terms||One 3-hour session per week|
|Mixed Media||Three 2-month terms||One 3-hour session per week|
B. Applied Fine Arts
Introduction to Applied Fine Arts: This art is associated with interior and exterior spacing of the building and it can be considered as a subcategory of interior design on the one hand while it is related to the handicrafts and is composed of volumes and textures on the other hand.
- Method of Training: Performance for all classes of these applied arts is project based.
- Characteristics: with the simplest materials.
- Aim: People can simply make beautiful and artistic spaces in their houses based on their personal taste by low costs.
- Use: in houses, shop windows, lobbies, walls, ceilings, doors and decorative objects.
- For the age group of above 14 years old.
1. traditional and modern inscriptions and calligraphy (I, II, III, IV);
2. making reliefs by styrofoam and personifying (I, II, III, IV);
3. painting on glass, mirror and metal sheets (I, II, III, IV);
4. patineh I and texture I & II;
5. patineh II – natural leaf (I & II);
6. ceramic mosaic work (I & II);
7. painting and weaving on volumes and decorative surfaces (I & II);
8. ceramic picture;
9. manual printing (I, II, III);
10. stamping (I & II): making different types of stamps and printing plates and using them;
11. painting on cloth (I & II);
12. painting and texture on wood, decorative volumes and surfaces (I, II & III);
13. creating statuettes and modern dishes by making the molds;
Whereas the scientific and practical capabilities in art are considered important all around the world, the students are granted a valid international ATC certificate from America at the end of each three supplementary courses.
These classes are held for 4 students (semi-group) in six 3-hour sessions. The instructor begins at the front and the students are placed two by two on the left and right.
Aim of This Method:
- Understanding the working method in three overall phases, successful beginning, managing the work and successful completion in such a manner that the students begin the work with the instructor and finish it together.
- In this method, still nature, landscape painting, portrait and figure are taught and the live model is used by the same method in advanced levels.
- Direct effect of technique-related hints during the work;
- Practical and scientific learning of styles and analysis of the work by the instructor.
These classes are held as a single session and are announced to the interested students by prior notification in the channel and website.
The aim is to indicate the methods of using drawing and color tools and their corresponding techniques.
The duration of these classes is one 3-hour session in which only the instructor works.
Courses Held Outside the Workshop:
1. Painting the Nature and Museums
- These courses are held on the last Tuesday of each month.
- In these courses, the students learn how to do artistic photography and how to paint from their photos.
- They learn to paint about the nature by drawing tools such as pencils, coal, water ink, and composition of tools and color tools such as watercolor, acrylic paint, oil paint, and chalk and oil pastels.
- In these courses, the methods of painting from the nature are taught both theoretically and practically and the structural analysis of the nature is taken into account.
- The duration of the class is 4 hours, starting at 8:00 a.m. and ending at 12:00.
- The courses held in our local museums are:
1. Wild Life (Drawing & Painting)
2. Historical Museums
These courses follow two aims:
A) Analysis of historical works and objects;
B) Familiarity with, drawing and painting of the national documents of museums in order to identify their design, color and personification.
2. Private Training at Home for Adults
Drawing, Painting, Persian Miniature
- These courses are held once a week. Each session is 3 hours and each term is 2 months.
- The classes are held at home for 1 to 5 students.
- In these courses, a 2-month term of introductory drawing is a prerequisite. We will provide counseling for advanced training on drawing at the student’s request.
3. Private Training for Children of 4 to 12 Years Old
- Enrollment for these classes is in 2-month terms including 1 session a week which is held for 1.5 hours for 1 student and 2 hours for 2 to 5 students.